You may be interested in archery practice in the backyard or simply want to master the art of game hunting with a bow and arrow like our ancestors. Whatever be your triggers, one of the first things that you are going to need is a recurve bow.
Now looking for the best recurve bow may not be such a difficult task but the plethora of options can surely confuse you. Especially if you are new to this whole business, this can be a slightly intimidating task to. After all, every type and variant seems to promise something new and unique.
But this is exactly why you need to have definite purpose and objective in mind. Often this goes a long way in determining the amount of money that you may invest in the recurve bow. That will also determine the kind of time that you may spend using the bow. Now all of that will have a bearing on the final bow that you choose. For example, target practicing has different dynamics compared to hardcore hunting. Also, the place that you choose for hunting will have a bearing on the recurve bow that you eventually decide to go for.
But we decided to make the task relatively simpler with our recurve bow reviews. We have reviewed a wide variety of alternatives on the basis of various parameters like build, objective, customer satisfaction and durability. The idea is to bring forth to you as vivid a range of options as possible. The idea is to give you a comprehensive view of the entire gamut of options and also enable you to decide on the most relevant recurve. It should not just match your purpose, but it is crucial that it meets your personality as well.
1. Southwest Archery Spyder Takedown Recurve Bow – Threaded Bushings
This sleek functional recurve bow is made of a combination of woods that were naturally sourced. It is compact, beautiful and an extremely lightweight bow. If you are just starting to learn, this is one of the best recurve bows to start with. It gives you the right balance of support and expertise. This is a perfect option for target practice, deer hunting, and even bow fishing.
The best thing is this bow is available for people using their right hand to shoot as well as left-handers. That means, this will never be a roadblock for you is trying to get value buy and superior learning experience. This bow has preinstalled threaded bushings for a wide range of accessories. That means upgrading is quite hassle-free in this case.
The stringer tool is also available if buyers want. This is a critical aspect of the overall recurve bow buying and using process. Remember this is perhaps the safest way to assemble or de-assemble your bow in a proper fashion.
This is a one of a kind bow that suits the purpose of both kids and adults beautifully. The 1-year manufacturer’s warranty that it comes with adds to the other features of the bow. Moreover, it also shows the company’s commitment to delivering quality products.
- Offers appropriate hand orientation for proper delivery
- Effective for a wide range of draw weights that suit individual necessity
- Offers huge scope for attaching a wide range of accessories
- Perfect for beginners looking to improve their expertise
- The build has to be stronger to ensure there are no limb breakages. These can be otherwise potential safety hazards for users as well as onlookers.
2. Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow – Single Tapered Knob
This 62 inches take-down bows is one of the best value buys in the list of reasonably priced recurve bows. In fact, many users have also termed it as one of best recurve bows in this price bracket. In fact, they have a long legacy of delivering quality products at reasonable rates.
The now comes equipped with Brass Bushings for Brass Plunger, a Stabilizer, Sight, and Quiver. The limbs of this bow are made of hard Maplewood with Black Fiberglass. As a result, it is quite durable, lightweight and at the same time, looks sleek and stylish.
The makers of this bow, Samick Sports are actually from Korea, and they have been involved in making bows since 1975. They sell their products in close to 50 countries globally. You can thereby assess their commitment to quality and creating value. As a result, the bow looks quite amazing and also functions beautifully.
Though this takedown bow is slightly longer, most recurve bow reviews indicate that users don’t find it problematic. They can easily unscrew the limbs and also assemble it back at will. Even in terms of accessories, you do not have to invest in it too right away. The bow has a sufficient list of options and function quite well out of the box.
- The limbs are sleek, durable and resistant to wear and tear
- Very affordably priced and offers great value for the money that you pay for it
- A self-sufficient unit and the bow can function pretty well right out of the box without too many external accessories
- Very simple to assemble and disassemble at will.
- However, for a product this good, their customer service may not be up to the mark, and they must learn to treat their loyal customers with respect. The buyers should not feel stranded with Samick products.
3. Longbowmaker Hungarian Style Recurve Bow – Flagella Recurve Horsebow
If you are keen on going for the best recurve bows that are also fairly traditional in their approach. This is a unique one of a kind bow that is both modern and old-fashioned. It is modern in terms of the convenience that it carries but still retains the old world charm in its look and appeal.
The Longbowmaker Hungarian Style Recurve Bow is absolutely handmade and every piece is tested for quality before it is sold. So you get unique single piece customized beauties that suit your requirements as best as possible.
What really makes this bow stand out is the leather covering. More than half of the bow’s body is covered by genuine leather, giving is a striking look and also enhancing its appeal to a large extent. The limbs of this bow are made of fiberglass and laminated wood guaranteeing better performance, resilience and absolute durability.
In terms of bow length, it is just about in sync with the ideal length for genuine effective takedown bows. It is also not too heavy. This makes it ideal for long-range game hunting too. For beginners, it is a safe bow to start off with.
- Great product delivery and offers a superior shooting experience
- One of the most well-built bows that offer superb quality and accuracy
- Handmade with fantastic craftsmanship
- Some users mentioned that it may have been a bit of a hand shock in the first experience, but the good news is that there is nothing unmanageable here. After a few rounds of shooting, they were able to adjust to the bow fairly well.
- There are a few who reported construction issues and chances of the bow breaking down, but there are as many wowing the construction. So no conclusive inference from there really.
4. KESHES Takedown Recurve Bow and Arrow – Comfortable Grip
When you are looking for the best recurve bows, most recurve bow reviews will tell you that the KESHES Takedown Recurve Bow is undeniably one of the best options to choose. This 62 inches longbow has a round edge rise that is quite impressive and powerful too. The limbs are made of wood but layered with fiberglass. This is what makes them sturdy, resilient and sleek too. The knob screws for this takedown bow are attached right at the limbs, and you do not need any additional tool to either fix it or de-assemble it. It also comes equipped with a stringer tool that enables safe and quick assembly of the takedown bow.
The step by step information included with this bow makes both the assembling bit as well as the shooting exercise fairly simple. The bow riser is designed rather ergonomically and allows you adequate practice to perfect your aim. Like most bows, this one comes with pre-installed brass bushings. That means it can easily facilitate any type of upgrade and quick addition of features.
The orientation of the bow is so designed that it works well for both right-handed as well as left handed archers. You have to be just careful about mentioning the hand orientation when you are choosing the product.
However what makes it a standout deal is the 100% satisfaction guarantee. The company assures all users they will get 100% refund if they are not satisfied with the product 100%. But that also means how serious the company is about maintaining quality. They are confident that users will love the product. The company remains dedicated to customer satisfaction. They are always keen about offering great quality at the convincing price.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee with a promise of the complete refund if customers are not happy
- Pre-installed bushings for the proper upgrade when required
- Stringer tool included for safe and hassle-free installation
- Value for money proposition for most buyers
- Few reviews have, however, highlighted niggling finishing issues. The company will do well to address this to maintain the overall excellence in craftsmanship and precision.
5. Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow – 1-year Bow Warranty
This is another 62 inches Samich takedown recurve bow that represents this company’s long commitment to bow making and excellence in delivering quality products to over 50 countries globally.
Like most convention bow sets this is a comprehensive package that includes bow strings, arrow rest and stringer tool. Essentially this means that you have a fairly self-sufficient unit with very little investment required. The stringer tool is necessary to maintain the safety and warranty of the bow for a longer period.
The 1-year warranty for this bow is undeniably one of the deal clinchers and instantly wins customers. The bow is also adequately provided for all types of possible upgrades. The limbs of this takedown bow are made of maple wood and fiberglass making it a very sturdy piece. This is also one factor that makes this bow extremely durable. It also makes it suitable for multiple functions from target practicing to actual shooting.
- The hard maple-fiber glass combination for the limbs makes these extremely sturdy
- The 1-year warranty highlights the company’s commitment to quality. It also gives a degree of reassurance to customers in terms of buying a reliable and genuine product
- It is undeniably one of the best value for money bargains in the list of best recurve bows
- Ideally suited for beginners as well as experienced archers who need a superior make and quality
- Most reviewers had minimal complaints against the bow, but a few mentioned that the stringer tool that comes with it is not effective at all. They also highlighted the need for a stringer nock.
Tips For Buying Best Recurve Bows
Therefore, it is quite clear that investing in the best recurve bows involves a lot more than the mere reading of recurve bow reviews. In fact, there are several aspects that you must take into consideration before deciding on the final product. Here is a quick and easy guide on the various elements that you must pay attention to get a value for money deal.
Objective: The purpose for which you need the bow is most important. Moreover, your degree of expertise will also have a bearing on your final choice. There are some that may be good for professionals, and you have a special line of offering for beginners. The bows used for practice in your backyard are different from the ones used for actual hunting. So before you go out to make the actual buy, it is important to jot down all your objectives.
Manufacturer’s Credential: There are many different manufacturers of recurve bows but can they all guarantee quality? Different types of manufacturers may end up with different kind of problems in their recurve bows. Some may have non-flexible limbs while others may have low-quality strings. When you are deciding on a manufacturer, it is extremely important that you check for their credentials and gauge the degree of their expertise. That will go a long way in helping you decide a value buy.
Bow Weight: This is decidedly one of the most important aspects of a great bow. The bow weight is, in fact, one of the key determinants of how long you can carry the bow. The lighter it is, the longer you can carry the bow. It will tire you out a lot less and you can easily take it for long distance shoot too. The weight of the bow is directly proportional to the degree of efficiency that you associate with it.
Extent/Length Of Recurve: The length of the recurve bow is almost as important as the weight of it. The rule is rather simple. A longer bow will always shoot more accurately and much further compared to a shorter one. So you have to take a call on the length of the bow depending on what and where you want to shoot. In most cases, the 58 inch recurve bow comes across as ideal for average shoots. But in trying to go for longbows, make sure it is not so long that it touches the ground in front of you when you hold it straight.
Type Of Recurve Bow: There are different types of recurve bows too. You can choose to opt for a take-down recurve depending on your purpose. When the two limbs of the bow can be separated from the main riser, it is called a take-down bow. There are many advantages to this type of bow. They are easier to service, to carry from one place to another. Especially, for beginners, this is a great choice to start off your shooting practices. It gives you much greater flexibility to adjust the draw weight. A take-down recurve bow also facilitates easy upgrade.
Quality of Limb: Last but not the least, the quality of limbs is crucial. Normally, the limbs are made of fiberglass and are extremely durable. It is best to go for this variant compared to a lot of others. This provides a happy mix of durability and quality.
The long list of recurve bow reviews indicate that your degree of expertise and the purpose are the main determinants of the variants that you choose to buy. The money that you are ready to invest also plays a crucial role. These bows do not come cheap, and every serious sportsperson wants the best. But we have made the task a lot simpler with our review of the best recurve bows that helps you create a value for money deal.