Often a biker is considered as good as his tools are. So when you set out for a ride, it is but obvious, you will be looking for the best bike tool kit. This is often one of those cardinal essentials without which you cannot start your journey. But making an informed choice is necessary when you set out for particularly long trails. Just a tool kit is not sufficient; it is also essential to have the right combination of tools with you.
The proper tools will not only brace you up for any type of potential emergency, but it will also help you tide over minor crisis quite effortlessly. Most times, a bike workshop is the last thing you can hope for on the bike trails, and a proper tool kit will help you tackle minor problems with ease and carry on with your ride.
But the challenge is, does the best tool kit always comprise of the best set of tools? Different bikers and different trails have unique needs. The trick is, therefore, to create that unique combination of tools that help you tide over any kind of emergency with relative ease and make sure that you always have just the tool you need. But the best bike tool kit may not always be the bulkiest one either. Especially, when you are traveling, you are looking for handy and light sets that can easily be carried with ease and offer you maximum options without adding to the weight.
We, therefore, decided to make the task a lot simpler for you with this easy guide on how to shortlist the best bike tool kit for you. We also created an easy guide on the key components that make it complete and how you can buy your perfect set.
Great Bike Tool Kits for Any Budget
1. Bikehand Bike Repair Tool Kit – Crank Extractor and Red Tire Levers
This is one of the basic tool kits that truly address your requirement while on the move. Known as one of the most practical sets available, it features prominently in any list of the best bike tool kits. It is extremely functional, practical and designed to take care of your essential requirements when you are on a trip.
Priced for the frugal spender, this is also an interesting combination of necessity with affordability. This set is all about assembling great quality products in a comfortable and convenient mix. Established in 1988, Bikehand is always known for giving that assured edge to your biking experience.
Their expertise in tool manufacturing can be well gauged by the fact that they hold several patents for development and innovation in a wide array of products. Their commitment to innovation has made them one of the frontrunners in this business.
This tool kit comprises of the
- Cartridge BB Tool, the Cotterless extractor
- Red tire levers, chain rivet extractor
- Freewheel turner
- Wrench, Hub
It also comprises of other basic essentials like screwdrivers, spanners and the like. In short, with this tool kit on board, your journey can’t be too eventful. It pretty much takes care of your regular needs in a comprehensive manner. Check Price.
- Appropriate tool kit for regular bike maintenance
- Functional and a versatile tool kit that takes care of temporary repair work
- Most of the tools put forth a reasonable performance
- Practical and user-friendly set of the tools in this kit
- Some of the tool quality not up to the mark and results in inadequate performance
- The grip not very easy and the wrench tends to bend
- Merely a starter kit and not at all meant for any kind of advanced repair job
- Not at all durable and at best remains more like a functional reserve kit
2. IRONARM Professional Bicycle Tool Kit – Specialty Tools For Advanced Repair
This item has earned Editors’ Choice for its outstanding quality and performance.
If you are looking for some heavy duty options, this is one of the best bike tool kits in that genre. Known for specialty tools, this tool kit makes advanced repairs a reality right at your home. It is sturdy, well-built and packs a mini bike repair shop in a suitcase. It is designed in a way that it can easily pass as a master kit for a home mechanic. A solid one for starters, this practically includes everything that you may ever require for proper and extremely effective maintenance of your bike.
This tool kit is so well provided; it can easily compete with a professional one. Starting from multiple wrench sizes to 3 sizes of the bottom bracket, the array of tools is both comprehensive and modern. It is designed in a way that the products can be useful while fixing any trendy bike. The idea is to make sure that this set does not fall short of the requirement of any modern and helps you always be ready for every type of eventuality in a meaningful way.
The affordability of this tool kit as compared to many other high-end products is another big advantage. This makes sure that you do not need to part with too much money to make sure you get good quality and a comprehensive tool kit. Check Price.
- Sturdy, well-built and an absolutely functional kit designed to address consumer needs
- Great quality products at very affordable rates compared to a few of its more expensive peers
- Works effectively with Shimano group of products
- Some critical repair tools are missing from this kit
- The quality and performance of some of the tools are not up to the mark. There are also instances of tools breaking midway
- Inconsistency in select quality but this does not appear to be the norm
3. Crankbrothers M19 Bicycle Multi-Tool – 12-speed Compatible Mechanics
A functional and dependable tool kit, the Crankbrothers is known for its long legacy of quality offerings. One of the best bike tool kits, this one is known for its superior built, finish and top of the line combination of bike essentials in a comprehensive packaging.
One of the most interesting offerings is the speed chain tool. When you are out on a bike trip, a chain splitter is something that you are going to need for sure. Imagine the relief when all you have to do is to open this tool kit and discover what you need right there. That also goes on to show that Crankbrothers did not just put together a few things in one box. There was proper thought and comprehensive understanding involved. The manufacturers had undertaken an in-depth understanding of what’s most necessary and then incorporated the products.
This tool kit also has a stainless steel tool flask. So it is not just an effective and durable tool kit. It is also a practical option that almost feels your requirement real time on a trip. It is effective in keeping water and moisture out, and with this flask, you can also do away the rattling disturbances in your luggage. The stylish looks also add glamour to your overall trip and gear.
But imagine all of this is packed in a lightweight frame that does not become a huge weight botheration for you in any way. The high tensile steel adds to the sturdiness and reliability without impacting the overall weight or travel-friendly features of this bike tool kit. So when they talk about re-inventing the ride experience, you can almost feel it real time. Check Price.
- Effective and durable quality that you can experience through your trip
- Top quality finish and stylish designing add glamour to your trip
- A solid reliable tool kit that is also dependable in times of sudden emergency
- Mechanically functional tool kit for regular bikers
- Compact tool combination that easily fits in the luggage pack
- Key manufacturing metal is not completely corrosion resistant
- The case is not very practical for carrying either as per some of the users but others have appreciated its strong finish.
4. COOKJOY Bike Repair Tool – Mini Pump and Tire Tube Patches
This is a multifunctional and dependable bike repair tool that features prominently in any list of the best bike tool kit. The best part about this tool kit is the dependability, popularity, and versatility in using this for a wide range of situations. Ranging from addressing basic necessities and regular cycle repair to sudden emergencies, this is a fairly well-equipped tool kit.
The portable storage bag instead of a bulky box adds to its appeal makes it a top favorite amongst regular bikers. Accommodating a big box can be a major challenge for those who are keen on traveling light. But the tool kit is not even something that you can choose to ignore on a bike trip. In this context, this kit is practically Godsend. It creates a convenient and cool option that is easy to carry.
That apart the range of products in this multi-tool is also fairly expansive. It incorporates multiple sizes of a variety of screwdrivers and Hex Chain. It is also fairly functional for inflating and deflating the tires and pumping in the air as and when required. Check Price.
- Good quality kit with a comprehensive line-up of tools for a reasonable price
- Good for maintenance of heavy duty mountain bikes as well as lightweight regular use bikes
- Tool kit extremely portable, travel-friendly and very well-equipped
- Sturdy tools delivering appropriate value for users
- Great customer service and assures lasting quality
5. Deckey Bicycle Repair Tool Kit – Shimano Bottom Bracket
When you are on the lookout for the best bike tool kit, this is one of the must-haves. It is practical, functional and known for delivering great value. This is made of premium carbon steel and known for being sturdy, robust and reliable. The plastic used is also top quality and improves the efficiency of the tool to a large extent.
The best part of this tool kit is that it is not just something that you can use for bicycle repair. It is equally effective in undertaking small household repair jobs and regular tightening, screwing-unscrewing and similar odd jobs around the house. Overall, there are 48 pieces of a wide variety of tools. That makes it extremely user-friendly and improves the flexibility around the house in a comprehensive manner.
Despite the extensive array of tools, this tool kit is phenomenally portable and easy to carry around. That means wherever you may be off too in your bike; this is never too heavy to carry around, offering you better prospects and assured care in times of emergency. Check Price.
- Perfect for daily maintenance and occasional bike repair jobs
- The tools are well made with proper grip, improving their efficiency
- Smooth functioning of the tools for an extended period of time
- But the overall sustainability of the tool kit is not too great. The tools though okay to start with do not last for very long. So it becomes a typical example of a cheap product that does not last very long.
- The quality of the metal used is what spurred most of the negative comments. So while the company may have got it right in terms of how to build it but what to build it with remains questionable.
Tips For Deciding On The Best Bike Tool Kit
So the decision on the best bike tool kit is not as easy as it seems. Convenience and application are the key considerations when you are deciding on the best options for you. Though every bike and a biker have unique needs, there are some basic requisites for all. In fact, you don’t need a lot to make your perfect kit, but there are some cardinal ones that you cannot leave behind. Here are some of the factors that you must take into consideration when you are deciding on yours.
This is often one of the biggest considerations when you are looking for the best bike tool kit. If you are ready to spend the money, the sky is the limit. But most times, most of us are operating with a strict budget. The challenge them is how can you possibly fit in everything that you need within that budget. This is where the intelligent application and a value pack can make all the difference. So, always look for options that best combine your need with your budget. That will help you shortlist the most compelling options.
Quality matters. When you are buying Anchovies for salad or Allen Keys for your bike, you cannot compromise on quality. So apart from creating the ideal list of things that best makes the definitive tool kit, you also have to look for the kind of quality you are settling for. Let’s say that your toolbox comes in a cheap plastic box that breaks midway. Imagine the mess that it creates and the confusion it leads to. You will be left to tackle your mess without assistance. So the best recourse is to go for companies and products that are committed to quality.
Range Of Options
This is where you have to start making choices. Different tool kits have different combinations. There are some kits with a vast range of options while some have just about the basic options. You have to make a wise choice based on your needs. The appropriate tool kit is never the one with the widest range of options. It must have the most expansive range of options that suit your needs. Additionally, this must also match your budget. That is what will make the best possible bike tool kit for you.
The weight of the tool kit also matters. Often bikers like to carry a basic tool kit with them. But remember they are biking and it is never practical to carry a very heavy kit with you. Not only does it slows down your speed, but at the same time, it is cumbersome to carry too many things while traveling. So, carefully consider the weight of the tool kit before you choose to buy one. Otherwise, you may end up with a heavyweight tool kit that you really don’t have to carry with you at all times.
Deciding on the best bike tool kit necessitates the combination of need with budget and also your personal know-how. If you are just starting and relying on hearsay, you may often end up with too many things that you use too few times. That is why; it becomes necessary that you also develop a certain degree of personal know-how before you buy one. The easier option is, simply refer to this easy guide on how and what makes the best bike tool kit. We guarantee you some of the best bargains and most functional sets that are available at the moment.